We're not very strict as far as what we expect from our players because we know that everybody plays their own way. You are all in this for your own reason - whether you want to be a legendary planet explorer, the leader of an intergalactic smuggling group, or just that guy who builds barns everywhere. We get it, and we want to tailor our service to your ability to play however you want. In order to offer this kind of a relationship we do favor a few rules in order for everyone to enjoy themselves the same. It's nothing extravagant at all; the majority being common courtesy stuff. For posteriety's sake we have an easy to follow rules list set up for your convenience below!
Website/Forum General Rules:
Any ruling by an Administrator is final - you are more than welcome to ask why any decisions were made. All we ask is that you do so in the form of private messaging as to not disrupt the current topic of any threads.
No swearing, cursing, bullying, harassing, or degrading of other players or servers in any way. There is absolutely no need for this, and it will not be tolerated.
No direct advertising to other websites for security's sake (if you want to post pictures please use the BBCode for images, if that does not work, then you may link to your album)
Spamming of any kind is not cool - so let's not do that here (or really anywhere).
We ask that you post topics in their respective sub-forum (Introductions in the Introductions forum, for example - this is super simple stuff!)
If you do experience another member breaking rules and we have not noticed, or if this happens in a private manner - don't hesitate to contact a member of staff. We will respect your wish to remain annonymous if you request to be so.
General Game Rules:
Any ruling by an Administrator is final - you are more than welcome to ask why any decisions are made, but we ask you do so in a calm and polite manner.
No excessive use of CAPS LOCK for any reason. Occasionally you may see Administrators use all caps to announce important messages, such as server reboots - we do so to help get the attention of all players. If you need help in any way you can use the whisper command to get in contact directly with an Administrator.
The occasional swear word is well and fine, however excessive use for the sake of insulting will not fly.
No gossip or down talk on any other server. We are all playing the same game and each server offers something completely different than the others, so we ask for a mutual respect. Some players may migrate from one server to another and may not jive well with the local populace - if you find yourself in this position we just ask to keep any negative views on other servers private.
No extremely abusable items, mods or custom techs/lua. We have no limit to what you are allowed to build, however we do ask to keep the spawned entities to a low amount. This is especially true for any type of Meteor-guns, Magic spells, custom blink animations, and spawning custom NPCs. Partical effects and liquid abuse are the most likely to get you an early bout of discipline due to the ease of slowing down other players' connections. The ONLY exception to this is in the Arena.
No player-killing unless of course you are in an agreed upon PvP engagement. Your average player will lose quite a bit of hard earned pixels upon death, so let's not do that.
Game Rules (Starbound Specific)
No copying and distributing of custom items UNLESS of course they are made available in a shop. We ask this as a courtesy for the item builder. No we can not actually stop you from using a LUA script to do so, however we can purge your inventory in an extreme case if abusable custom items are in question. Administrators may copy a suspicious item from a player if they have a reason to believe it may be abusable. Administrators will NEVER distribute items copied in this way; only checking the JSON associated with it to determine the intent of the item and the player using said item.
No stealing/looting or griefing other players' builds. Of course the reality of this is that there is really no way to truly determine if a player is guilty of this, so again we ask this as a common courtesy. Especially as far as griefing player builds.
No custom shops or teleporters without permission. We promote custom shops very much and love to see what custom items our players have come up with and want to share. We only ask that you submit a copy of your shop using our Shop Forms just so that we can ensure there aren't any abusable items or extremely game-breaking equipment.
No hand outs of items for the intent to spam/grief. This is mostly for things such as molotov cocktails, excessive fireworks even - handing out items just for the sake of spamming the effects.
No inappropriate skins/clothing/items. We have a very wide age range of players and would like to keep the amount of explicit and mature themes to an absolute minimum.
No extremely loud sounds. Many players utilize headphones when playing and by setting off sounds with excessive volume you risk physically damaging another player's ears. This also means no overplaying music - (for both safety and for common courtesy).
Your ship is your responsibility. Whenever you party with another player, that player is given access to your ship. If you do not trust someone we would recommend that you do not party with them. There is nothing we can do in the event that your ship becomes looted or griefed except lend you our sympathy.
Claiming to have not have read the rules will grant you absolutely zero excemptions from any type of discipline. Those who break the rules on the forums will receive a warning message followed by a ban for further rule breakings. In Game Rule breakers will find themselves either kicked from the server or banned altogether for repeat occurances.
Game Specific rules take Priority over the General ones
We want to ensure all players receive the same treatment; both as far as our community's service as well as expectations for following rules. If you have any questions about anything discussed above please contact any Administrators and we will be more than happy to answer any questions.
3. Hitmen have to /Advert Hit Accepted, /Advert Completed & /Advert Failed
4. A player may hire hits for minimal. This means hits are allowed if you've survived a robbery at most. NLR is in effect if you die, therefore no hiring hits. Robbers/gangmembers can hire hits the same, but NOT for aiding in robbery/mugging.
5. Do not copy someone's name.
6. Your name must contain characters type-able by an English keyboard and you can't have a space in between each character of your name.
7. Only English is allowed in the OOC channel and/or in any OOC situations.
8. Any form of hacking or scripting (Wallhack, Aimbot, LuaExploits,...) will lead to permanent ban.
9. Always follow Fear RP - the idea that you value your life and must act accordingly in dangerous situations to prevent death.
10. You may not disrespect or provoke other players, even when roleplaying.
11. No purges, wars or any kind of event which encourages mass killing.
12. Do not Fail RP (doing something that doesnt fit your job's description for example.
13. Do not exploit/abuse any bugs or glitches, doing so will result in a punishment (depends on the situation), instead, report them on the forums.
14. Do not build/kill in the spawn-zone.
15. Do not prop abuse (this includes surfing, killing, spamming, climbing and blocking or any other type of prop abuse).
16. Do not spam (this includes chat, camera, stunstick, microphone / voice,...)
17. Religious discussions are not tolerated in this community as it tends to arise unnecessary arguments. Please keep religion out of Grayles.
18. You can only use custom jobs with any class, do not use custom job to pretend to be another job that is on the list (or anything similar to it).
19. Do not spawn inappropriate structures/sprays.
20. You CANNOT sell or giveaway VIP printers, ammo or chargers to other players (they may use your chargers if you are basing together and you may sell the guns).